|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked and mashed carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325º F before baking.
2) Sift together the dry ingredients except sugar.
3) Cream well sugar and shortening and add in egg, vanilla and mashed carrots.
4) Mix the dry ingredient mixture with the carrot mixture.
5) On a lightly greased baking sheet, drop the mixture by teaspoonsful and bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
6) Serve cold or warm.