|Egg||1 , separated|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Add sugar, shortening and egg yolk and stir thoroughly.
2. Whip egg white thoroughly and mix vanilla.
3. Sieve cinnamon, nutmeg, all purpose flour, cocoa, baking powder and cocoa together.
4. Combine all the ingredients to make sticks of 1 inch thickness.
5. Cover and keep in the refrigerator for about 1½ hours.
6. Cut the chilled sticks into cookies of 1.4 inch thickness.
7. Take a baking dish, line with papers, place half the cookies and cook for about 3½ minutes.
8. Take out and allow to cool of a wire rack.
9. Repeat the procedure with other half.
10. Serve with coffee.