Crisp Almond Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Finely chopped toasted almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Take a heavy saucepan, blend together butter, sugar, cream and 1/8 teaspoon soda.
3. Cook the mixture on low flame by stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Let the mixture boil for 10-15 minutes until heavy.
5. Keep stirring.
6. Once done, let the mixture cool.
7. Stir in lemon rind, soda, salt and egg yolks.
8. Put flour and mix well.
9. Refrigerate the dough.
10. Once cold, shape the dough in to round shape.
11. Take an ungreased baking sheet; arrange the balls on it at a spacing of 3 inch.
12. Apply pressure on the top using the bottom of glass.
13. Top with almonds.
14. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.