|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Part Butter)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Blend shortening and sugar until creamy and light.
3. Put egg and vanilla in the mixture and stir well.
4. Sieve flour, soda and salt together and once done transfer to the creamed mixture.
5. Separate two thirds of the dough and make it colorful using a red or green food color.
6. Shape the colored sough into a 10 inch long and 11/2 inch broad cylinder.
7. Press the top half of the roll and curve in a bell shape the lower half.
9. Out of the remaining dough, reserve ¼.
10. Take a waxed paper, roll out the dough in a rectangle measuring 10x14 inch.
11. Cut the edges and cover the colored dough with it.
13. Once done, make slices of 1/8 inch.
14. Take an ungreased baking sheet; arrange the balls on it.
15. Make a tiny ball of the reserved dough and place it as a clapper on the bottom of each bell.
16. Bake for 8- 10 minutes.
17. Serve in a dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2062 Calories from Fat 966
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g168.1%
Saturated Fat 27.4 g137.2%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1389.3 mg57.9%
Total Carbohydrates 244 g81.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 101.4 g
Protein 26 g51.3%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.8% Iron 53.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet