|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla/Grated rind of 1 lemon||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon (Royal)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to the necessary heat.
2) Take a wide bowl. Add in the cream shortening and sugar. MIx them together.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk 2 eggs. Add in milk to the beaten eggs and whisk again.
4) Pour the milk and egg mixture into the wide bowl containing cream shortening and sugar.
5) Now, add in 2 cups of sifted flour with baking powder, vanilla, and nutmeg. Add enough flour so that the dough can be rolled out easily.
6) On a thinly floured board, roll out the dough.
7) Using a cookie cutter, cut out the cookie shapes from the dough.
8) Sprinkle sifted sugar on top of the cookie shapes. Place a raisin or a walnut bit in the center of each.
9) Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
10) Serve when the cookies have completely cooled down.
The dough will be easier to handle if it was chilled in the fridge before using.