|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice/Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Fresh grated coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to moderate temperature.
2)Take a small bowl and whisk the egg well.
3) In a wide bowl, add in the cream shortening and sugar. Mix the cream shortening and sugar well.
3) Then pour in the milk slowly into the bowl. Now, add in the beaten egg, lemon juice, flour, baking powder and salt.
4)Finally, add in coconut and mix them together so that a firm batter is formed.
5) Take a well greased pan and drop dollops of the batter onto it. Make sure that there is enough space between each dollop for spreading.
6) Bake the cookies for about 15 to 20 minutes in the oven.
7) Serve the cookies when they have cooled down completely.