Soft Molasses Drop Cookies
|Butter/Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Unsulphured molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Top milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins/Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray or oil.
3) In a large glass bowl, sift together the flour, soda salt and ground ginger.
4) In another glass bowl, cream together the butter, sugar till light and fluffy.
5) Gradually stir the egg and molasses into the creamed mixture and beat till well aerated. If the mixture curdles, add a little flour to it.
6) Stir the sifted, dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and blend into a smooth batter.
7) Combine the milk and vinegar and blend into the batter.
8) Add lightly floured raisins to the batter and mix well.
9) Drop leveled tablespoons of the batter 2 inches apart, on to the greased cookie sheet.
10) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or till golden brown.
11) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving.