Citron Flavored Hermits
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Chopped seeded raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped citron||2 Tablespoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven to moderate temperature.
2) In a small bowl and whisk the egg well. Keep it aside.
3) In a separate, wide rimmed bowl, add in the cream shortening, beaten egg and sugar and mix well.
4) Then pour in the milk slowly into the bowl. Now, add in the flour, baking powder, salt, chopped citron, cloves, cinnamon and allspice.
5) Finally, put in the dried raisins into the batter and mix them together.
6) On a well greased tin, drop dollops of the batter. Make sure that there is enough space between each dollop for spreading.
7) Bake the hermits for 15 minutes in the oven.
8) Serve the cookies when they have cooled down completely.