|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven moderately hot to 375° F (190°C).
2) Grease the madeleine molds with butter and flour.
3) In a pan melt butter and cool.
4) In a workbowl beat eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and grated peel at high speed for about 15 minutes.
5) Take a small bowl and mix together flour and baking powder.
6) Add flour and melted butter into the beaten egg mixture and combine.
7) Pour the batter on 2/3 madeleine molds.
8) Bake for 7-10 minutes till light golden and firm. Insert a toothpick and check if it comes out clean.
9) Let stand on the molds and then place onto racks.
10) Keep the shell pattern upwards.
11) Sprinkle icing sugar when cookies are still warm.
12) Such baked delicacies can be stored and eaten anytime.