Classic Lemon Cookies
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
1. Squeeze the lemon juice and grate the lemon peel. Add butter and whisk till creamy.
2. Stir in sugar and continue to whisk till mixture turns white.
3. Add lemon juice, beaten egg, sifted flour and grated lemon peel and mix thoroughly.
4. Take a flour coated board and flatten the dough to 1/4 inch thick.
5. Using a cookie cutter, cut the cookies and coat with granulated sugar on one side.
6. Take a paper , grease using salad oil and place half the cookies on the paper with sugar coated side upward and cook for about 3½ minutes.
7. Repeat the process with other half of the dough.
8. Serve as snacks.