|Slivered blanched almonds||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|All-purpose flour||250 Milliliter, sifted (1 Cup)|
|Butter||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sugar||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Almond extract||2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Whole blanched almonds||24|
1) In a bowl place the flour.
2) In another bowl cream the butter, sugar and almond extract until fluffy, then gently stir in the flour mixture.
3) Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place twelve over a 12-inch pizza pan or foil wrapped rack, then flatten the balls to 1/2-inch thick.
4) Press an almond into the centre and bake as per directions until lightly browned.
5) Allow to cool for about 2-3 minutes, then remove from the pan. Repeat the same with the second batch.
6) Serve in a nice plate when desired.