|Slivered blanched almonds||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|All-purpose flour||250 Milliliter, sifted (1 Cup)|
|Butter||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sugar||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Almond extract||2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Whole blanched almonds||24|
1) In a bowl place the flour.
2) In another bowl cream the butter, sugar and almond extract until fluffy, then gently stir in the flour mixture.
3) Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place twelve over a 12-inch pizza pan or foil wrapped rack, then flatten the balls to 1/2-inch thick.
4) Press an almond into the centre and bake as per directions until lightly browned.
5) Allow to cool for about 2-3 minutes, then remove from the pan. Repeat the same with the second batch.
6) Serve in a nice plate when desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3692 Calories from Fat 2062
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 227 g349.4%
Saturated Fat 72.8 g364.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 268.8 mg89.6%
Sodium 63 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 365 g121.8%
Dietary Fiber 31.4 g125.6%
Sugars 134.1 g
Protein 80 g160%
Vitamin A 62.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 63.8% Iron 110.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet