Orange Pecan Refrigerator Cookies
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs), sifted|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend sugar and shortening to make it light and creamy.
3. Put egg, orange rind and orange juice in the mixture and stir well.
4. Sieve flour, soda and salt together and add the dry mixture to the creamed one.
5. Put pecans and mix.
6. Once dough is prepared, form rolls with diameter 2 inch.
7. Cover the rolls with waxed sheet and refrigerate them overnight or for few hours.
8. Once ready, make slices of ¼ inch.
9. Take a greased baking sheet, arrange slices on it and bake for 8- 10 minutes.
10. Serve in a dish.