Orange Pecan Refrigerator Cookies
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs), sifted|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend sugar and shortening to make it light and creamy.
3. Put egg, orange rind and orange juice in the mixture and stir well.
4. Sieve flour, soda and salt together and add the dry mixture to the creamed one.
5. Put pecans and mix.
6. Once dough is prepared, form rolls with diameter 2 inch.
7. Cover the rolls with waxed sheet and refrigerate them overnight or for few hours.
8. Once ready, make slices of ¼ inch.
9. Take a greased baking sheet, arrange slices on it and bake for 8- 10 minutes.
10. Serve in a dish.
Calories 720 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.2%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.4%
Trans Fat 4.5 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 394.3 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 34.3 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet