Coconut And Oat Macaroons
|Shortening||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend shortening to make it light and creamy.
3. Put sugar slowly and blend until frothy.
4. Put eggs and blend well.
5. Sieve flour, soda, baking powder and salt together.
6. Once done, transfer the flour mixture into the sugar mixture.
7. Put oats, walnuts and coconut in the mixture and stir with hands or spatula.
8. Make the dough in shape of a ball similar to a walnut.
9. Take an ungreased baking sheet; arrange the dough balls on it at a distance of 3 inches.
10. Bake for 12- 15 minutes until shiny.
11. Allow to cool before taking them out.
12. Serve in a dish.