Coconut And Oat Macaroons
|Shortening||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend shortening to make it light and creamy.
3. Put sugar slowly and blend until frothy.
4. Put eggs and blend well.
5. Sieve flour, soda, baking powder and salt together.
6. Once done, transfer the flour mixture into the sugar mixture.
7. Put oats, walnuts and coconut in the mixture and stir with hands or spatula.
8. Make the dough in shape of a ball similar to a walnut.
9. Take an ungreased baking sheet; arrange the dough balls on it at a distance of 3 inches.
10. Bake for 12- 15 minutes until shiny.
11. Allow to cool before taking them out.
12. Serve in a dish.
Calories 1630 Calories from Fat 856
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151.5%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.6%
Trans Fat 8.4 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 601.1 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 103.9 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 36.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet