Orange Pecan Refrigerator Cookies
|Butter/Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar in the raw||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs) (Unbleached White)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) In a glass bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and soda.
2) In another large glass bowl, cream the butter with sugars until light and well aerated.
3) Gradually add the egg to the creamed mixture and blend until smooth in consistency. If the mixture curdles, add a little flour to it.
4) Stir in the orange peel and orange juice.
5) Add the sifted, dry ingredients and the pecans into the creamed mixture.
6) Bind to form dough.
7) Shape into a log and cover with clean wrap
8) Chill the log in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
9) Preheat the oven to 400° F,
10) Remove the log from the refrigerator and slice into ½ inch slices.
11) Place the slices on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other.
12) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or till golden brown.
13) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool and harden slightly before serving.
14) Store in an air-tight container.
Calories 831 Calories from Fat 414
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.1%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 139.1 mg46.4%
Sodium 185.7 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 41.3 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A 23.9% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet