Chocolate Cookie Cake
|All purpose flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||5 Ounce, melted and cooled|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|For chocolate sandwich cookie filling|
|Chocolate frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate sandwich cookies||4 , crushed|
1. Grease and lightly flour two 8- or 9 x 1 1/2-inch round cake pans. Set pans aside.
2. In an extra-large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Add milk, sour cream, melted chocolate, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed about 1 minute or till mixture is well combined. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
3. Place half of the batter in a medium bowl; cover and chill. Divide remaining half of batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake in a 350° oven for 20 to 25 minutes for 9-inch layers and 25 to 30 minutes for 8-inch layers or till a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and let layers cool completely on wire racks.
4. Wash the 2 cake pans. Grease and lightly flour pans. Divide reserved, chilled batter evenly between pans. Bake and cool.
5. Prepare Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Filling; reserve 3/4 cup of the filling for the cake garnish.
6. To assemble the cake, put a cake layer on a serving plate and top with one-third of the remaining cookie filling, spreading filling evenly over layer. Add a second layer of cake and spread with another one-third portion of the cookie filling. Add another cake layer and spread with remaining cookie filling. Top with the final cake layer.
7. Prepare the Chocolate Frosting. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting. Stir reserved cookie filling and enough milk (about 2 to 3 teaspoons) to make it a drizzling consistency. Spoon onto the center top of cake. Carefully spread filling to force some down sides of cake. Garnish top of cake with the crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.