|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sifted flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend margarine and sugar well to make it creamy and light.
3. Put eggs one by one.
4. Blend well after every egg.
5. Put vanilla and sifted flour, salt and soda.
6. Add oats and walnuts to the mixture and stir well.
7. Make 2 rolls of the dough, cover in a waxed paper and chill for few hours or overnight.
8. Once cold, make 1/8 inch thick slices.
9. Arrange the slices on greased baking sheet and bake for 10- 12 minutes.
10. Serve the crispies in a dish.