Pineapple Cookie Dessert
|Sliced pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Strain the canned pineapple; keep aside 2 tablespoons of its syrup.
3. Keep the slices on the paper towel and allow them to dry.
4. Blend shortening and sugar together to make it light and creamy.
5. Add egg and reserved pineapple syrup to the mixture and stir well.
6. Sieve flour, salt and baking powder and add to the creamed mixture.
7. Cover the prepared dough in waxed paper and refrigerate.
8. Once firm, on the lightly floured board, roll the dough with ¼ inch thickness.
9. Take the pineapple can, wash and flour it and then use it for cutting round shapes on the dough.
10. Cover the ten rounds with slices of pineapple.
11. Put pineapple and brown sugar on the cookies.
12. Arrange the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
13. Serve the baked slices topped with Vanilla ice cream.