Ginger Snaps With Brown Sugar
|Dark brown sugar/Raw sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Blackstrap molasses/Sorghum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large glass bowl, cream together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Gradually stir the eggs and molasses or sorghum into the creamed mixture and beat till well aerated. If the mixture curdles, add a little flour to it.
3. In another bowl, sift the flour, salt, ginger and spices together.
4. Stir the sifted, dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and knead slightly to form a soft dough
5. Allow the dough to rest and chill in the refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
7. Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray or oil.
8. Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
9. Divide the dough to make 1 inch sized balls.
10. Roll the balls in granulated or powdered sugar.
11. Place the balls, 2 inches apart, on the greased cookie sheet.
12. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 -15 minutes or till golden brown.
13. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving.