Coconut Wine Filled Cookies
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Port wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a food chopper, put coconut and raisins and process well.
3. Put wine, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon sugar to it.
4. Cook the mixture on low flame until heavy.
5. Keep stirring while cooking.
6. Once thick, let the mixture cool.
7. Blend shortening and sugar to make the mixture light and creamy.
8. Put egg and vanilla and stir well.
9. Sieve flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
10. Put the flour mixture and sour cream one by one to the coconut mixture.
11. Keep stirring.
12. Once the dough is prepared, refrigerate until smooth.
13. Take little quantities of dough; roll it to ¼ inch on a floured board.
14. Shape the dough with the help of 2 ½ inch cookie cutter.
15. Take an ungreased baking sheet, arrange half cookies on it, and top each cookie with 1 teaspoon of coconut mixture.
16. Cover the cookies with the other half.
17. Compress the edges using a fork and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
18. Serve with tea/ coffee.