Holiday Fruit Cookies
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sour milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), sifted|
|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), broken|
|Cherry||2 Cup (32 tbs), candied|
|Dates||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend sugar and shortening to make it light and creamy.
3. Put eggs and milk to the mixture and stir well.
4. Sieve flour, soda and salt and put in the sugar mixture.
5. Add pecans, cherries and dates to the mixture.
6. Take slightly greased baking sheets and drop the mixture on it with a teaspoon.
7. Put the sheets for baking for 8-10 minutes.
8. Serve with tea or coffee.