|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Warm water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Sun dried dates||1 Pound, finely cut|
|Pecan meats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray, oil or unsalted butter.
3) Use a large, clean and grease free glass bowl.
4) Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
5) Gradually add the beaten eggs to the creamed mixture and beat until smooth in consistency. If the mixture curdles, add a little flour to it.
6) Dissolve the salt and soda in warm water and add to the cream mixture.
7) Stir in the sifted flour using a wooden spoon or spatula.
8) Add the dates and pecan nuts and mix well.
9) Drop leveled teaspoons of the mixture on the greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other.
10) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
11) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely before serving.
12) Store the cookies in an air tight jar.