|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Blend butter and sugar together to achieve a creamy consistency.
3. Put syrup in the mixture and stir well.
4. Sieve flour, spices, salt, pepper and soda together.
5. Put the dry flour mixture and sour cream into the sugar mixture one by one by stirring well.
6. Once dough is prepared, divide it into two parts.
7. Make diamond shaped strips of the dough.
8. Use a waxed paper and wrap the strips.
9. Allow them to chill overnight or for few hours.
10. Once done, make thin slices of 1/16 inch using a sharp knife.
11. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet and bake for 8- 10 minutes.
12. Serve warm or at room temperature.