|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend margarine and sugar together to make it light and creamy.
3. Put egg yolk and rind in the mixture and blend for some more time.
4. Slowly put flour and keep mixing well.
5. Mix well until a smooth ball of dough comes to the form.
6. Take the dates and cut them half crosswise.
7. Put walnut in the spacing in the date.
8. Take a small amount of dough and coat it on the date.
9. Take a lightly greased baking sheet, arrange balls on it and bake for 25- 30 minutes.
10. Once done, take the cookies out and roll them on confection’s sugar.
11. Allow the balls to cool and once settled, coat them again in sugar by rolling.
12. Serve in a dish.
Calories 939 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.3 mg15.4%
Sodium 19.5 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.4%
Sugars 55.5 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 40.1% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet