1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray cooking spray on a cookie sheet. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add egg and butter. Beat them till creamy.
4. Add the sugar and brown sugar and vanilla extract and continue to beat till incorporated.
5. Slowly add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix till well combined.
6. Put the gum drops, coconut and oats and mix well to form a sticky dough.
7. Using a spoon take small amounts of the cookie dough and put it on the prepared cookie sheet away from each other.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or till light brown.
9. Remove from oven and transfer on cooling rack till completely cooled.
10. In a serving plate, serve the cookies with milk or any other refreshing drink or as a dessert.
Today, Chef Tawnya is sharing one of her family recipe and it’s a little twist in your regular oatmeal cookie. The surprise element is gumdrops hidden inside the baked cookie which gives a nice gooey texture to crispy cookie. In a nutshell, all it requires is adding gumdrops to the cookie mixture and bake it as usual. These are great as desserts and ideal for kid's parties, kids would just love them as much as you would do.