Holiday Cut Outs
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract/Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
2) In another bowl, add butter to cream. Stir in water, honey, and the extract.
3) Combine the dry with wet and make dough.
4) Prepare a 2 inches thick log with the dough and set inside refrigerator to chill for an hour. Cut out ¼ inches thick slices to get the cookies.
5) Else, make a ball with the dough and set inside refrigerator to chill for an hour. Roll out the dough in 3/8 inches thickness on a floured board. Use cookie cutters, to cut out cookies in your favorite shapes.
6) In a greased cookie sheets, place the cookies.
7) Set your oven at 325° and place the sheet into oven.
8) Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
9) Decorate these cookies with your choice of frosting and serve.