|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), firmly packed|
|Flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Semisweet chocolate morsels||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Package)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a big saucepan, melt shortening, add brown sugar, stir and allow to cool.
3. Beat in eggs individually.
4. Sieve flour, salt and baking powder and mix with shortening mixture. Add rest of the ingredients and blend well.
5. Take a 15 X 10 X 1 inch greased pan lined with waxed paper and transfer the mixture into it.
6. Bake for25 to 30 minutes.
7. Slice into squares when warm.
8. Serve as squares.
Calories 1516 Calories from Fat 629
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g108%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.7%
Trans Fat 4.5 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 672.1 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 139 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 31.4% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet