|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), firmly packed|
|Flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Semisweet chocolate morsels||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Package)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a big saucepan, melt shortening, add brown sugar, stir and allow to cool.
3. Beat in eggs individually.
4. Sieve flour, salt and baking powder and mix with shortening mixture. Add rest of the ingredients and blend well.
5. Take a 15 X 10 X 1 inch greased pan lined with waxed paper and transfer the mixture into it.
6. Bake for25 to 30 minutes.
7. Slice into squares when warm.
8. Serve as squares.