Cocoa Drop Cookies
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (and walnuts)|
1) Preheat oven at 400°.
2) In a bowl, add shortening to cream.
3) Slowly beat in sugar to make a light and fluffy mixture.
4) Add egg to this and whisk thoroughly.
5) Pour in buttermilk and vanilla extract to the egg mixture.
6) In a separate bowl, add flour, soda, salt and cocoa to combine properly.
7) Add the dry mixture to creamed mixture and beat well.
8) Fold in pecans.
9) Place the dough inside refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
10) Use greased cookie sheets to drop the dough in 1 teaspoon by keeping 2 inches place between each other.
11) Place the cookies sheets inside the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
12) Serve hot.