Orange Peanut Brittle
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raw peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a heavy Dutch oven and mix the peanuts, sugar and corn syrup in it.
2) Cook over medium heat by stirring continuously until the soft crack stage of 290° is reached.
3) Remove from the flame and stir in the orange rind along with the coconut.
4) Add the soda and mix well by stirring.
5) Take two jelly roll pans with dimensions 15- x 10- x 1-inches.
6) Warm and butter the pans before spreading the mixture in it.
7) Allow the mixture to cool, break into pieces and serve.