Double Peanut Butter Cookies
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Creamy peanut butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Divided)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In a bowl, add flour, sugar, soda and salt to combine.
3) Use a pastry blender to cut in shortening and 1/2 cup peanut butter to prepare like a coarse meal.
4) Pour in corn syrup and milk and mix well.
5) Prepare a long roll of 2 inches diameter from the dough.
6) Use waxed paper to wrap and place inside the refrigerator to chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
7) Bring out of the refrigerator, unwrap and make slices of 1/4-inch thickness.
8) Use ungreased cookie sheets to arrange half of the cookies.
9) Top each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter and cover with another cookie. With a fork secure the edges.
10) Place the cookie sheets inside oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are well done.