Lemon Pecan Dainties
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl, add shortening to cream.
3) Slowly add sugar and beat well to make a light and fluffy mixture.
4) Add egg, lemon juice and grated lemon rind to beat properly.
5) In another bowl, place flour, baking powder and salt to combine.
6) Add this dry mixture to creamed mixture and blend thoroughly.
7) Fold in pecans.
8) Prepare a long roll with 2 inches diameter from the dough.
9) Use waxed paper to wrap the roll and place inside refrigerator to chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
10) Bring out of the refrigerator and unwrap. Make ¼ inch slices from the roll.
11) Use lightly greased cookie sheets to arrange the cookies.
12) Place cookie sheets inside oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3463 Calories from Fat 1658
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 192 g295.4%
Saturated Fat 34.6 g173%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 730.6 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 412 g137.3%
Dietary Fiber 19.4 g77.4%
Sugars 206.4 g
Protein 43 g85.7%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 45.8%
Calcium 53.6% Iron 89.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet