Mocha Macadamia Chocolate Chunk Cookies
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Instant espresso powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate candy||12 Ounce, chopped (Candy Bars)|
|Chopped macadamia nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Measure and assemble all the ingredients required.
3. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil or butter
4. Dissolve espresso powder in the boiling water.
5. In a basin, sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
6. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until softened.
7. Add sugar and brown sugar and beat until light and creamy.
8. Add egg, vanilla, and salt and beat until well blended
9. Add espresso liquid to creamed mixture and beat well.
10. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
11. Stir in chopped chocolate and nuts.
12. Use a dessert spoon to drop the batter onto a lightly greased cookie sheet leaving a 2 inch distance between each.
13. Place baking sheet on middle level of preheated oven.
14. Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes.
15. Remove and slide onto a wire rack to cool and harden.
16. Serve with tea or a glass of warm milk.
17. Store cookies in an airtight container