|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flaked coconut||1 Ounce, can|
|Apples||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sliced|
|Nut||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Blend ½ cup of brown sugar, 1 cup flour and butter to a creamy crumbly mixture.
3. Take a 9 by 9 by 2 inch greased baking pan and at in the mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Beat the eggs, add the vanilla extract and rest of the brown sugar to ¼ cup of flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
5. Add nut meats, coconuts and apples, pour on the baked squares and replace in the oven to bake for half an hour.
6. Cool for 5 minutes, cut as squares and serve as such or with ice cream or whipped cream topping.