Christmas Ginger Strips
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 ½ sticks sweet butter)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sanding sugar||To Taste|
|Ingredients for glaze:|
|Confectionery sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
1) Begin by whisking all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
2) In a mixer or by hand cream the butter and the sugar, add the egg and the molasses and beat for about 1 minute.
3) Slowly add the flour mixture and mix each time you add more flour mix.
4) Place the finished dough on your work surface, and make 6 even balls of dough,then shape each ball into a 9” log.
5) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
6) Place the logs on a cookie sheet (3 logs to a cookie sheet). Flatten the logs slightly with the palm of your hands and brush the tops with water and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
7) Then place the cookies in the refrigerator for about 10 to 15 minutes.
8) Bake in a preheated oven 350 degree oven for about 12 to 15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes,then cut the cookies.
9) On the diagonal and do not separate the cookies until they are completely cooled.
8) Whisk together the ingredients for the glaze to a drizzling consistency.
9) Serve the cookies with the glaze drizzled on top and enjoy!