|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 (At Room Temperature)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking unsweetened chocolate square||1 Ounce, melted (1 Square)|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or whisk gently to blend.
2. In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Add flour to butter-sugar mixture and blend well. Divide dough in half between 2 bowls. Stir chocolate into one half; stir lemon extract into the other. Cover each bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour, until firm.
4. Roll out each piece of dough between 2 pieces of wax paper into an 8 x 12-inch rectangle. Place 1 rectangle on top of the other and roll up from a long side into a 12-inch roll. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange about 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes, then remove to a rack and let cool completely.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2934 Calories from Fat 1053
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g185.3%
Saturated Fat 71.3 g356.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 666.8 mg222.3%
Sodium 1833.7 mg76.4%
Total Carbohydrates 428 g142.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.2%
Sugars 204.2 g
Protein 46 g92.8%
Vitamin A 66.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.4% Iron 111.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet