|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), firmly packed|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finley chopped|
1. Cream together butter, corn syrup, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into creamed mixture and blend thoroughly. Stir in nuts.
3. Chill dough about 1 hour. Shape into rolls, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper. Chill in refrigerator about 4 hours or overnight.
4. Heat oven to 350°F.
5. With a sharp knife cut into slices 1/8 inch thick. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Remove from baking sheets and cool on racks.