Buttery Jam Cookies
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick, at room temperature)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apricot jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan pieces||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
Preheat oven to 375. Grease baking sheet
1. In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and nutmeg
2. In a separate large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat butter on low-medium until creamy
3. Add sugar and beat until completely mixed and smooth
4. Add egg and mix again, about a minute
5. Add milk and vanilla, mix away! Batter may look likes it curdling, but it’ll smooth out with the addition of the jam.
6. On that note, add jam 1/4 cup at a time, beat another minute or so
7. Add dry ingredients all at once and mix. This may take a couple minutes, but you’ll end up with a thick batter
8. Spoon batter, a nice sized spoonful, onto baking sheet, set about 1 inch apart. On half of the cookies add bits of pecan and slightly press into the batter
9. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. The tops won’t become golden brown (if they do — take them out!), but they’ll be spongy and slightly firm to the touch.
And voila, they’re ready to be savored and devoured.