Black and Whites
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||10 Tablespoon (11/4 Stick)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||10 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until combined, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
3. Drop dough by 1/4 cups, about 3 inches apart, on two ungreased large cookie sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown and tops spring back when lightly touched with finger, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. With wide spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
4. When cookies are cool, prepare glazes: In medium bowl, mix 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon corn syrup, and 5 to 6 teaspoons water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until smooth and of spreading consistency. Turn cookies flat side up. With small metal spatula, spread glaze over half of each cookie. Allow glaze to set 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare chocolate glaze: In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, cocoa, remaining 1 tablespoon corn syrup, and remaining 3 to 4 teaspoons water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until smooth and of spreading consistency. With clean small spatula, spread chocolate glaze over remaining un-iced half of each cookie. Let glazes set completely, at least 1 hour.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4144 Calories from Fat 1247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g226%
Saturated Fat 80.5 g402.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 745.5 mg248.5%
Sodium 1352 mg56.3%
Total Carbohydrates 667 g222.2%
Dietary Fiber 30.6 g122.2%
Sugars 413.7 g
Protein 56 g112.2%
Vitamin A 84.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 13.5% Iron 75%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet