Homemade Oatmeal Cookies
|Butter/Margarine / shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderately Hot, 400° F. Rub a cookie sheet with margarine or shortening.
2. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening until light; gradually add the sugar, beating until smooth. Stir in the oats.
3. Sift the flour with the salt, baking soda and cream of tartar. Add to the oatmeal mixture alternately with the vanilla and water combined; beat well after each addition.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and roll out 1/8-inch thick. Cut in desired shapes and place on the cookie sheet.
5. Bake about 10 minutes, until delicately browned.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2096 Calories from Fat 654
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115%
Saturated Fat 40.5 g202.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.3 mg53.8%
Sodium 1181 mg49.2%
Total Carbohydrates 317 g105.7%
Dietary Fiber 20.5 g81.9%
Sugars 104.6 g
Protein 37 g73.2%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.1% Iron 92.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet