Homemade Oatmeal Cookies
|Butter/Margarine / shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderately Hot, 400° F. Rub a cookie sheet with margarine or shortening.
2. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening until light; gradually add the sugar, beating until smooth. Stir in the oats.
3. Sift the flour with the salt, baking soda and cream of tartar. Add to the oatmeal mixture alternately with the vanilla and water combined; beat well after each addition.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and roll out 1/8-inch thick. Cut in desired shapes and place on the cookie sheet.
5. Bake about 10 minutes, until delicately browned.