How to Clone an Oreo Cookie - with Todd Wilbur
|For the cookie dough|
|Chocolate cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (One 18.25 oz Package used)|
|Shortening||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
|For the filling|
|Powdered sugar||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
To prepare the cookie dough:
3. In a large mixing bowl, add chocolate cake mix, an egg, shortening (melted in the microwave oven) and water.
4. Using an electric hand mixer, mix to combine well until you get the cookie dough.
5. Dust a little flour on a hard surface, roll the dough into a sheet just under one 16th of an inch thick.
6. Using a cookie cutter or a lid from a spice container (1 1/2-inch diameter), cut out rounds and arrange them on the lined baking sheet.
7. Bake them for about 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven until crispy.
8. Remove wafers from the oven and cool completely.
To prepare the filling:
9. As the cookies bake, in another bowl make the filling by combining the ingredients for the filling with the electric hand mixer.
10. When the cookies have cooled, roll a small portion (heaping 1/4 teaspoon) of the filling into a ball (just over 1/4-inch in diameter and press it between two of the cookies. Repeat with all the cookies.
11. Serve as it is or with milk.
2. Parchment paper
3. Electric hand mixer
4. Cookie cutter or a lid from a spice container (1 1/2-inch diameter)
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 9.3 mg3.1%
Sodium 177.7 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 35.8 g
Protein 0.86 g1.7%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.3% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet