Famous food cloner Todd Wilbur shows you how to make the world's most popular cookie from scratch.
For the cookie dough
Chocolate cake mix
18 1⁄4 Ounce (One 18.25 oz Package used)
3 Tablespoon, melted
2 Tablespoon (For dusting)
For the filling
3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
To prepare the cookie dough:
3. In a large mixing bowl, add chocolate cake mix, an egg, shortening (melted in the microwave oven) and water.
4. Using an electric hand mixer, mix to combine well until you get the cookie dough.
5. Dust a little flour on a hard surface, roll the dough into a sheet just under one 16th of an inch thick.
6. Using a cookie cutter or a lid from a spice container (1 1/2-inch diameter), cut out rounds and arrange them on the lined baking sheet.
7. Bake them for about 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven until crispy.
8. Remove wafers from the oven and cool completely.
To prepare the filling:
9. As the cookies bake, in another bowl make the filling by combining the ingredients for the filling with the electric hand mixer.
10. When the cookies have cooled, roll a small portion (heaping 1/4 teaspoon) of the filling into a ball (just over 1/4-inch in diameter and press it between two of the cookies. Repeat with all the cookies.
11. Serve as it is or with milk.
Things You Will Need
1. Baking sheet
2. Parchment paper
3. Electric hand mixer
4. Cookie cutter or a lid from a spice container (1 1/2-inch diameter)
This favorite cream filled cookie is a huge hit with kids and adults alike. And the good news is that you can whomp up 'oreo' magic at home with this simple biscuit recipe. Rest assured, these tasty morsels is likely to get you hooked.