Valentines Day Suger Cookies
|Margarine/Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food colour||1 Pinch|
1. Preheat the oven to 330 degree F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
2. In a bowl, put margarine and whisk using an electric hand whisk. Add in the sugar and beat again.
3. Put the eggs and continue beating. Add in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
4. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. .
5. Fold ½ cup of the flour into the mixture and mix well. Gradually add the remaining flour and whisk well after each addition.
6. On a baking parchment, place 2 cups of the dough and fold it.
7. Add red food colour into the remaining batter. Mix well and fold it in another parchment paper.
8. Keep both of them inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
9. Roll out the yellow and red dough using a rolling pin. Make heart shapes using heart-shaped cookie cutter.
11. Place them on the baking sheet and bake in the oven at 330 degree F for 7-8 minutes.
12. Serve the Cookies on Valentines Day.
Calories 138 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.8 mg2.9%
Sodium 22.1 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 0.24%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet