|Pecans||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Butter sticks||2 , cut into 16 pieces, softened (1 Cup, Do Not Use Margarine)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. In food processor with knife blade attached, process pecans and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar until nuts are finely chopped. Add butter and vanilla and process until smooth, scraping down side of processor bowl with rubber spatula. Add the flour and process until the dough comes together.
2. With floured hands, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls, 1 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
3. Bake until bottoms are lightly browned and tops are very light golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. With wide spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool slightly.
4. Place remaining 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar in pie plate. While cookies are still warm, roll in sugar until coated; place on wire rack to cool completely. When cool, reroll the cookies in sugar until thoroughly coated.
5. Repeat with remaining dough.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4168 Calories from Fat 2315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 267 g411.4%
Saturated Fat 123.5 g617.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 486 mg162%
Sodium 30.3 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 417 g139.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.5%
Sugars 208.9 g
Protein 38 g76.3%
Vitamin A 114.2% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 80.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet