|Pecans||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Butter sticks||2 , cut into 16 pieces, softened (1 Cup, Do Not Use Margarine)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. In food processor with knife blade attached, process pecans and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar until nuts are finely chopped. Add butter and vanilla and process until smooth, scraping down side of processor bowl with rubber spatula. Add the flour and process until the dough comes together.
2. With floured hands, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls, 1 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
3. Bake until bottoms are lightly browned and tops are very light golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. With wide spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool slightly.
4. Place remaining 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar in pie plate. While cookies are still warm, roll in sugar until coated; place on wire rack to cool completely. When cool, reroll the cookies in sugar until thoroughly coated.
5. Repeat with remaining dough.