|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered cinnamon||5 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped almonds||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Beat the egg whites to a froth; gradually beat in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon, sifting about 1/4 cup at a time. Beat the mixture until it becomes very stiff. Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture.
2. To the remaining mixture, add the almonds and lemon rind. Add the powdered sugar and knead in thoroughly with your hands.
3. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub a cookie sheet lightly with margarine or shortening.
4. Roll the dough 1/2-inch thick on a well-sugared board. Cut the dough out with a star-shaped cutter. Brush the top of each star with the reserved mixture.
5. Bake 20 minutes or until delicately browned
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3953 Calories from Fat 899
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 107 g165.3%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 342 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 720 g239.8%
Dietary Fiber 40.4 g161.7%
Sugars 652 g
Protein 69 g138.1%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 84.9% Iron 57.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet