The other day I was in store where world's best cookies are sold. What caught my eye was Almond and Pistachio cookies, and Orange and Cranberry cookies. Well.. I did not buy them, but I was inspired to bake ...so I came up with almond, pistachio and cranberry cookies. Also enjoy some kid's favorite cookies. Less sugar yet delicious.
All purpose flour
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (almond, pistachio, and cranberry)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Dash (For greasing the cookie baking tray)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (For dipping the butter cookies)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For decorating the chocolate dipped cookies)
1. Take a cookie baking tray and grease it using a cooking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. Take a bowl and add butter and sugar. Mix well to combine.
4. Take another bowl with the all-purpose flour. Into that add the corn starch, baking powder, salt and mix well.
5. Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture, add freshly ground cardamom powder, little bit of vanilla extract. Combine well and form a ball of dough.
6. Divide the dough into two parts and into one part add the almonds, pistachios and cranberries and combine well using your hands.
7. Once done make small balls with small portions of the dough, lay them on the cookie baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, with the other part of the dough make simple butter cookies. Take medium portions of the dough, roll out into a thin sheet and cut different shapes using cookie cutter molds.
9. Lay them on the cookie sheet and bake similarly.
10. Serve the almond pistachio and cranberry cookies as it is. The butter cookies can be served dipped in the melted baking chocolate and with a touch of the decorative colorful sprinkles.
Things You Will Need
1. Cookie baking tray
2. Cookie cutter molds of different shapes
Craving for some cookies? If yes, then you should check this out. It's homemade and simple to make. You can serve it as a snack with tea. Watch the video as chef Bhavna shows the various types of cookie recipes so nicely.