Chocolate Refrigerator Cookies
|Butter/Margarine / shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking chocolate square||2 Ounce, melted (2 Squares, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans/Chopped hazelnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Beat the butter, margarine or shortening until light; gradually add the sugar and beat until creamy. Add the egg, cooled melted chocolate and the vanilla and beat well.
2. Sift the flour with the salt and baking powder and add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the nuts.
3. Shape the dough into a long roll about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap it in waxed paper and place in the refrigerator to chill 1 hour or more.
4. When ready to bake, start oven, set at Moderately Hot, 400° F. Rub cookie sheets with margarine or shortening.
5. Slice the dough 1/8-inch thick and place slices on the cookie sheets. Bake about 8 minutes, or until delicately browned.