|Butter/Margarine / shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
1. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening; gradually add the sugar, beating until smooth and creamy; beat in the combined egg, milk and vanilla.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the creamed mixture, mixing thoroughly. Cover the dough with waxed paper and let it chill in the refrigerator 1 hour or more.
3. When ready to bake, start oven, set at Moderate, 375° F. Rub a cookie sheet lightly with margarine or shortening.
4. Roll the dough 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured board; cut in desired shapes with a lightly floured cookie cutter. Sprinkle each cookie generously with sugar and place on the cookie sheet.
5. Bake about 8 minutes, until delicately browned
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2319 Calories from Fat 479
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g83.9%
Saturated Fat 31.7 g158.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 336.9 mg112.3%
Sodium 978.8 mg40.8%
Total Carbohydrates 425 g141.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 233.9 g
Protein 34 g68.1%
Vitamin A 33.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 50% Iron 73%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet