|Almond paste||1 Cup (16 tbs) (commercial)|
|Granulated sugar||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), powdered|
|Cake flour||2 Tablespoon|
1. Grease a baking sheet lightly with margarine; lay unglazed paper on it.
2. Work the paste until smooth, add the sugar gradually and beat until smooth.
3. Beat the egg whites stiff and fold into the almond paste mixture, then add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. Sift together the powdered sugar, cake flour and salt and add to the mixture; beat until smooth.
5. Shape, using a pastry bag and tube, or drop by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheet. Let them stand about 2 hours.
6. Ten minutes before ready to bake, start oven, set at Moderately Slow, 300° F. Bake about 25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the pan, slip the paper off onto a damp cloth. Let stand a few minutes then remove the macaroons.