Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into cubes (slightly softened)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), loosely packed|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (optional) (Optional)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2) In a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract together until it is lighter in color and little fluffy.
3) Add the eggs and mix until it is all incorporated.
4) Then add in the dry ingredients, all purpose flour, quick cooking oats, baking soda and salt; mix until just incorporated
5) Stir in the chocolate chips and also add the chopped nuts, if desired.
6) On a cookie sheet, scoop the dough with a scooper spacing them by a couple of inches because they spread.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until they are golden brown and slightly fluffy.
8) Remove from the oven and allow them to sit for 5 minutes, then transfer on a cooling rack.
9) Serve the cookies when completely cooled down.
Calories 873 Calories from Fat 433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.5%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107 mg35.7%
Sodium 630.4 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 62 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.5% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet