Betty's Best-Ever Peanut Butter Cookie
|Creamy peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Smooth)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Half Stick)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Half Stick)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extarct||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Self raising flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In a mixing bowl, add peanut butter, butter, margarine, white sugar and brown sugar, blend to get a smooth and creamy consistency. Add vanilla extract and egg, beat well to combine all the ingredients. Add self raising flour, combine well to form a dough. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 375F before baking.
3. On a baking sheet, arrange 1 inch balls of the mixture. Using a fork, flatten the balls.
4. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
5. When cooled, store in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container.
6. Serve as an evening snack with tea of coffee.
Calories 795 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.7%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg18.5%
Sodium 980.7 mg40.9%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 54.4 g
Protein 17 g33.6%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet