|Almond paste||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), powdered (Sifted 10X)|
|Sliced almonds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Grease large cookie sheet; dust lightly with flour; tap off excess.
2. Break up almond paste with fingers into bowl of electric mixer.
3. Add egg whites, salt and vanilla. Beat at low speed until mixture is smooth and well blended.
4. Add 10X sugar slowly, continuing to beat at low speed, until a soft dough forms.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet. (The macaroons spread very little as they bake.)
6. For a crackly top, dip fingertip into water; pat over tops; sprinkle tops with almonds.
7. Bake in slow oven (325°) 20 minutes, or until golden-brown.
8. Remove to wire racks with a spatula; cool.