|Almond paste||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), powdered (Sifted 10X)|
|Sliced almonds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Grease large cookie sheet; dust lightly with flour; tap off excess.
2. Break up almond paste with fingers into bowl of electric mixer.
3. Add egg whites, salt and vanilla. Beat at low speed until mixture is smooth and well blended.
4. Add 10X sugar slowly, continuing to beat at low speed, until a soft dough forms.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet. (The macaroons spread very little as they bake.)
6. For a crackly top, dip fingertip into water; pat over tops; sprinkle tops with almonds.
7. Bake in slow oven (325°) 20 minutes, or until golden-brown.
8. Remove to wire racks with a spatula; cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1647 Calories from Fat 590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g108.4%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 238.6 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 233 g77.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.9%
Sugars 199.8 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.38%
Calcium 43.4% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet