|Creamed cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Pound (1 Cup)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , unbeaten|
Make day before, if desired, or early on day:
1. In medium bowl, with pastry fork, blend cottage cheese with 1 cup butter. Sift in flour, then blend until dough forms a ball.
2. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
3. Divide dough in thirds. On lightly-floured, cloth-covered surface, roll out one-third of dough to 1/5-inch thickness, and circular in shape.
4. Brush with some of melted butter; sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar, a little cinnamon, and 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
5. Cut into 16 pie-shaped pieces. Beginning at outer edge, roll up each piece tightly, then place, point side down, on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with rest of pieces.
6. Beat egg yolk with water, then use to brush tops of cookies.
7. Bake about 20 minutes, or until golden.
8. Repeat with other two-thirds of dough. Makes 4 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4294 Calories from Fat 2589
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 297 g456.9%
Saturated Fat 157.1 g785.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 838.9 mg279.6%
Sodium 824.8 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 363 g121%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.8%
Sugars 161.1 g
Protein 65 g130.3%
Vitamin A 145% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 80.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet