|Creamed cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Pound (1 Cup)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , unbeaten|
Make day before, if desired, or early on day:
1. In medium bowl, with pastry fork, blend cottage cheese with 1 cup butter. Sift in flour, then blend until dough forms a ball.
2. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
3. Divide dough in thirds. On lightly-floured, cloth-covered surface, roll out one-third of dough to 1/5-inch thickness, and circular in shape.
4. Brush with some of melted butter; sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar, a little cinnamon, and 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
5. Cut into 16 pie-shaped pieces. Beginning at outer edge, roll up each piece tightly, then place, point side down, on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with rest of pieces.
6. Beat egg yolk with water, then use to brush tops of cookies.
7. Bake about 20 minutes, or until golden.
8. Repeat with other two-thirds of dough. Makes 4 dozen.